- 100 g red onion, cut into halves, vertically
- 2 cucumber (approx. 400 g each), unpeeled, trimmed and cut into halves lengthwise
- 50 g roasted salted peanut
- 1 garlic clove
- 40 g freshly squeezed lime juice
- 20 g fish sauce
- 20 g white sugar
- 30 g grapeseed oil
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and cut into thin slices (2 mm)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 10 g fresh coriander, leaves only
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh onions into it. Set aside.
- Insert Thermomix® Cutter shaft and basket and then place cutting disc with side 1 (slicing) facing up. Place cutter lid into position and insert onion halves vertically one on top of the other in wide part of feeder. Insert pusher and start Slicing/Thin. When feeder is empty, press selector to stop. Repeat with remaining onion halves, one at a time, until all onions are sliced.
- Insert 2 cucumber halves vertically in wide part of feeder. Insert pusher and start Slicing/Thick. When feeder is empty, press selector to stop. Repeat with remaining 2 cucumber halves. Transfer sliced onions and cucumbers into a large serving bowl and set aside. Remove Thermomix® Cutter and shaft and set aside.
- Place peanuts into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, oil, chilli and salt, then mix 30 sec/speed 4. Pour into the serving bowl, then mix to combine well using spatula. Garnish with chopped peanuts and coriander leaves then serve immediately.
Thai cucumber salad